Monday, May 16, 2005

The Pope Conquers Paris


Passion knows no limits. Having my mom in Paris to sign the papers to amend my birth records was essential in establishing my residency here. Afterall, who is going to come against the Pope!!!

Paris in eight hours. Eight hours of walking and touring per day is nothing for a woman of 81 if she is my mother. Eight hours out of the apartment. Eight hours of walking and climbing and shopping. Eight hours of metro taking and meal munching. Eight hours is a lot of time! My shoes will need retreading soon, but not the Pope's. She doesn't walk, she glides. Several times I had to beg her to slow down. Please, there is a human at your side trying to pace herself with your winged feet!

Read the photos, we were everywhere with everyone. En plus, quand elle etait a Paris, elle a tout compris en francais. Elle est incroyable!