Tuesday, June 14, 2005

I wash my eyes and bathe my soul.

I hovered near the french people in line for the airplane. They chatted and joked. I listened in with delight enjoying their little quips. I had no desire to hear italian again. I was anxious to get back to Paris.

Arriving late that night, there is a crush to get on the bus; we are one hour outside of Paris, my luggage handle is broken, I cannot close it so its twice its length and tossed into the belly of the bus. I am given the last seat on the first bus and consider myself lucky. Our bus gets stuck in the toll line (a car is having problems) We are sitting there for 10-15 minutes. The second bus wizzes by us.

I have to take a train to my metro station. I wait 15 eternal minutes. I have to haul my heavy (cuz of my laptop) bag up and down stairs. I take the metro, more lugging up and down stair.

Finally I am on the last metro home. One more bit of hauling up the stairs. Its my street. I roll noisily along the road. Its my door, my code, my last flight of stairs. Finally I'm opening my door.

I roll in, open my valise, pull everything out. I want to be home so badly. My computer is open, clothes are in the washing machine and i take a long drink from the sweetest water I know (evian) and I plop down on the sofa.

I'm home and I'm smiling. :)