Saturday, June 25, 2005

I have more toes than I have days..

La vie est vraiment pooooh. There was a time when I was so RICH with days. Three months is too long for a vacation and too short for a lifetime. But its time for this leaf to fall. It makes me wonder about the autumn season. The trees,do they regret it?

I will hold on till the last moment, and as the last bit of sap is doled out, I will begin my drift. I will sift slowly from metro to train, from train to plane, from toronto to vancouver from here to there. Its simply the season of change. I expect to sprout up in Paris in my time, crack a few pavements, find a new place to flourish. That is a discovery left for later.

As for now, I can easily count the days I have left. This is the kind of easy math I don't like. I am also doing another calculation. Take three months of living, three months of luxurious living, and stuff it into one suitcase of regular size and one carryon size. YEAH baby, lets perform some magic. In fact, its called final days melt down. Je fonds. I look around, not willing to imagine leaving. But bit by bit, I am disappearing. The shelves, the drawers, the hangers are all waiting for Laurence to return.

The only thing left will be my hair..its everywhere, so en fait, je suis toujour here :)